Hellenic Mediterranean University
Hellenic Mediterranean University (HMU) is a Greek public academic institution, based in Herakleion – Crete, with branches also found at Chania, Rethymno, Agios Nikolaos, Ieraptera, and Siteia. It was founded on 25/04/2019 after the vote of a legislation to convert Technical Institutions to Universities. HMU offers various services towards the academic community as well as the public, that can be summarized as follows:
The Hellenic Mediterranean University offers to both the academic community and the public in general a series of services that can be summarized as follows:
- Quality Assurance Unit (QAU) for the evaluation of the various units of the University.
- Library for the entire academic community.
- Student Welfare Department
- Special Research Fund Account (SRFA) for the management of research and development projects.
- Department of Public & International Relations
- Liaison and Career Support Office
- Support for Informatics and Communication Technologies, offered by the Library and Informatics Directorate.